Opened: as Wongawilli
Location: (Portion 193, Camden, Kembla)
Seam: - #3 Seam (Wongawilli seam)
1909 – A Sydney brick making company purchased the property of Mr. Bruce and that the Metropolitan Brick Company had advanced a tunnel some 200 feet (61 metres), the seam height being 7 ft. 10 in. (2.39m). (Cairns. R. A. “A History of the Prospecting and Development of Coal Mining in the Illawarra and Shoalhaven. Part 1”2010)
1943 – Opened by AI&S to obtain a 300 ton bulk sample from the Wongawilli seam. (Andrews, 2011).
1948 – Reported as being the centre of a structural “high” in a review by Prof. E. A. Rudd.
Bruce’s Tunnel – as part of Nebo Colliery’s RT.