Sth. Clifton Tunnel Colliery
Opened: 1908 (R/way Hist)
Owner: South Clifton Coal Mining Company, Ltd
1907 – 25th July – Mr. A. J. Small, secretary to the South Clifton Coal Mining Co. Ltd., gives notice as to the appointment of Mr. R. Vardy as undermanager of South Clifton Tunnel. (DoMAR 1907)
1910 – Fatality – 21st May wheeler, John Meredith (Trove)
1926 – Reports as having 462 men employed u/g and 58 at the surface. (DoMAR 1926)
1929 – Fatality – 19th Jun shiftman, Joseph Heness, 48 yrs, killed by fall of roof stone.
1929 – Fatality – 26th Jun wheeler, W. Anderson, received lacerations to two of the fingers of his right hand, dying of blood poisoning about a month later.
1959 – Sth Clifton Tunnel (Sth Clifton Colliery Pty Ltd) is situated at Scarborough. Operating 2 x 11BU with 1 x CM plus 1 x 11BU. A washery is under construction. (DoMAR 1959)