aka Port Kembla No 2
1920 – 1960
Location: Southern flank of Mt. Kembla.
In 1920 the Illawarra Coal Co. acquired the leases and opened the Illawarra Colliery west of Unanderra.
1922 – Illawarra Colliery opens (DoMAR 1922)
1925 – Illawarra Colliery is discontinued (DoMAR 1925)
1933 a railway siding is constructed linking it to the Government Railway, opening on November 13. By then the mine was known as the Port Kembla No. 2 Colliery.
1960 - Operations cease, purchased by AIS in 1964, becoming part of Nebo Colliery.
The railway siding was closed on May 31, 1965.
Southern, J. N. L. 1978. A Railway History of the Illawarra.